Within 24 hours of missing a final examination, students must contact the Director of Student Services, at (416) 736-2100, ext. 77971.
The Schulich School of Business takes measures to ensure an appropriate examination environment and to preclude improper behaviour during exams. General guidelines for conduct at exams include the following:
- Students may be asked to sign in for exams and have photo ID available.
- Student will receive and must respect clear direction about starting and stopping exams.
- Students must place all personal belongings aside during exams.
- Students are required to bring their own calculators or other resources (where permitted). Sharing is not permitted.
- Students should plan NOT to leave the room during the exam for any reason unless absolutely necessary.
- Cheating is a serious breach of academic honesty and if identified, the matter forwarded immediately to the Associate Dean – Academic for action.
If cheating is identified, the matter will be documented (written up) by the invigilator or instructor and forwarded immediately to the Associate Dean – Academic for action. Possible penalties are indicated in the student handbook section on academic honesty.
- No supplemental examinations are given in the Schulich School of Business.
- Examination booklets/answer sheets become the property of the teaching unit and are retained for the full Fall or Winter term immediately following the term in question.
- Students are required to present their YU-card or their Sessional Identification card at all final examinations.
- No unauthorized aids may be taken into the examination room.
- Students who have three exams scheduled on one day may request changes through the Schulich Office of the Associate Dean – Academic.
- No examinations of any kind may be given during the last two weeks of classes.
Alternate Exam Arrangements
Students who require alternate exam/test arrangements must register with York’s Disability Services office well in advance of exams/tests in order to be eligible. Requests for alternate exam/tests arrangements must be made online at least 15 days prior to the test of exam. Details on how to make arrangements are available at www.yorku.ca/altexams
. In an emergency, please contact Student Services & International Relations at Schulich.